Friday, February 27, 2009

As If I Needed More Challenges...

If you've known me for a while, you probably recognize that I've had my share of klutzy moments. Broken ankles, broken fingers, broken arms...etc. My latest klutzy moment? Gave myself a concussion.

While getting into my car last Friday, I managed to hit my head on the top of the door. A nice whack right behind my left ear. The subsequent bruising and swelling freaked people out at work. It looked worse than that it felt, but it didn't feel great.

On Monday, I started having some very slight but very unusual headaches, so I decided to go see my family doctor yesterday and get checked out. Turns out, I have a very minor concussion which means I'll keep my slight headache for a few more weeks.

Dr. Jeter said I couldn't have found a worse place on my head to whack because of the location of a major artery in that area. And, as is always the concern now that I'm on blood thinners, I have to pay attention to any other minor (or major) symptoms which could result in much bigger issues.

If I'm not careful, I'm going to end up as the kid who wears a helmet and pads everywhere he goes and is tethered to the jungle gym on the play ground.

No comments: