Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Transition

Since leaving rehab, I have had difficulty staying on a routine schedule. The first week, I made it to the gym on Monday and had to travel for work on Wednesday. I was fortunate to have access to a treadmill at the hotel, but only got in a 25 minute workout. This week, I had to travel on Monday and I got home too late to get to the gym. I switched to Tuesday, but that threw the rest of the week off. Tonight, Morgan's class held a parent advisory group meeting. Rachel and I share the lead responsibility of the group. She went to the meeting and I stayed with the girls. My next chance to workout appears to be Friday after work if I can get out of the office on time. Then my normal run on Sunday.

I had it easy when the workouts were prescribed. Now that I'm "freelancing it" again, those 4 in the morning runs look much more attractive. I'm sure I'll find a schedule that suits me. But, as I often note, I enjoy the little rut I've carved out for myself in life and I don't do well with change.

No comments: