Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Status Quo

Still trying to settle into a routine now that rehab is over and I don't have a "mandated' workout schedule. I've found my comfort zone at the gym. I run on the treadmill Mondays and Wednesdays and lift weights those days as well. On Fridays, I've implemented a run during lunch. I only have about 30 minutes to warm-up, run and cool down before I have to be back in the building to shower and change but it's turning out to be a great workday break at the end of the week. Long runs on Saturday or Sunday, depending on Rachel's schedule. This past Saturday, I ran 8 miles. New distance record since the heart attack. Felt good. Just tired. I'm still building those long distances. I hope to be at 10 miles before the Monument Avenue 10k. Not sure why I set such a random goal, but I'm sticking to it.

Though I haven't checked my blood pressure since leaving rehab, I still track my weight weekly and, of course, constantly monitor my heart rate before, during and after runs. I've stalled a bit on the weight loss at 17 pounds down. My will-power has been tested quite a bit over the past 2 weeks. I haven't gained. I just haven't lost any more. I'm focused again and won't allow any more "treats" for another 8 pounds.

No comments: